Cellulite is a skin condition which affects 80 to 90% of women at some point in their lives. It affects both men and women but women are more prone to this skin condition as they tend to store unnecessary fat in the areas like buttocks, thighs and hips.
In this condition, the skin has a dimpled, bumpy and lumpy appearance. It mainly appears on the buttocks, hips and thighs but can also affect other areas. It is commonly known as cottage-cheese skin, hail damage, orange-peel skin and mattress phenomenon.
It appears when the fat beneath the skin pushes against the connective tissues. A person gets cellulite due to less physical activity, fad dieting, slow metabolism rate, hormonal changes, poor diet, dehydration, and thickness and color of the skin. Sometimes genetics plays a major role in this condition.
Cellulite is not a life-threatening health condition but it certainly mars your physical appearance and makes you feel embarrassed at times. It also affects and lowers your self-confidence.
There are many OTC drugs available in the market that promises to cure cellulite but the truth is that the effect is temporary and may also harm your skin. However, certain lifestyle changes, balanced diet, an active lifestyle with certain exercises can help treat cellulite to a great extent.
Are you thinking now – how to get rid of cellulite faster and safely with exercises? Let’s know about them!
- 1 How to Get Rid of Cellulite Easily With Exercises
- 1.1 Clockwork Lunge for Cellulite
- 1.2 Lateral Goblet Lunge for Cellulite
- 1.3 Elevated Lunge for Cellulite
- 1.4 Squat with Calf Raise for Cellulite Removal
- 1.5 Pile Squat with Alternating Heel Rise to Combat Cellulite
- 1.6 Pistol Squat for Cellulite
- 1.7 Glute Squeeze to Get Rid of Cellulite
- 1.8 Boot Strappers to Reduce Cellulite Appearance
- 1.9 Long Leg Scissor to Reduce Ugly Cellulite
- 1.10 Heavy Lying Abduction to Burn Fat for Cellulite
- 1.11 Weighted Bridge for Cellulite Removal
- 1.12 Single Leg Hamstring Bridge for Cellulite
- 2 Few Tips to Prevent Cellulite
How to Get Rid of Cellulite Easily With Exercises
There are many easy as well as effective exercises that will help you to get rid of that ugly cellulite faster. But you need to perform these exercises properly along with a balanced diet to get the effective results.
Clockwork Lunge for Cellulite
It is a simple but an effective exercise that helps to get rid of cellulite in your thighs and buttocks faster. You can do this exercise whenever you want.
- Stand straight and keep your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- With your right leg take a big step forward and then lower down till your right leg bends 90 degrees and the left knee about to touch the floor. Push back and come to the starting position.
- With your right foot take a big step right. Bend the right knee and the left leg should be straight. Come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same steps with the left leg to complete 1 set.
- Perform at least 15 sets a day till you get rid of cellulite completely.
Lateral Goblet Lunge for Cellulite
It is one such exercise which burns the fat and helps to get rid of cellulite as soon as possible.
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Hold one heavier dumbbell vertically by one end with both the hands at the height of your chest.
- Keep your left leg straight with both the feet pointing forward. Keep the right leg far.
- Bend the knee and lower down the hips.
- Come to the starting position by pushing off the right foot.
- Repeat the same steps with the right leg. This completes 1 rep.
- Do 20 reps to get effective results to reduce cellulite.
Elevated Lunge for Cellulite
This is an easy and effective move which will help you to get rid of cellulite from your butt, legs and thigh area successfully.
- Stand a few feet away in front of a bench. Place your left toe on the bench and heels lifted.
- Bend your right knee and lower your hips towards the floor until both the knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Squeeze your glute and press yourself back to start. Keep the weight of your body on your right leg.
- Move up and down. Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Perform this exercise to get rid of cellulite fast.
Squat with Calf Raise for Cellulite Removal
This exercise helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite by working on the leg muscles and burning the deposited fat in the affected area.
- Stand straight and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees and hips and lower down until your thighs come parallel to the floor. Stay in this position for few seconds.
- Stand up straight and lift your heels. Stand on the balls of your feet for few seconds, and then lower down to come to the standing position.
- Do 15 reps daily to combat cellulite successfully.
Pile Squat with Alternating Heel Rise to Combat Cellulite
Like the previous two exercises, this move is super effective to reduce the appearance of cellulite from your legs, thighs and butt area. Try it to get the results soon!
- Stand straight and place your hands on the hips. Keep your feet 3 feet apart. Your toes should be kept pointing out.
- Bend your knees and lower down until your thighs come parallel to the floor.
- Raise your right heel and stay in this position for few seconds.
- Come back to the starting position. This completes one rep. Repeat the same steps and this time raise your left heel.
- Perform 30 reps daily to get rid of cellulite successfully.
Pistol Squat for Cellulite
This move is an easy, simple and effective way to reduce cellulite to a great extent.
- Stand with your feet at a hip-width distance. Extend right leg forward in front of the body.
- Join your palms and extend your hands to the front of the body to keep balance.
- Sit back in squat by shifting your body weight on the heel of the left foot.
- Stand up slowly with the support of your glute and hamstring muscles.
- Follow the same moves for the left leg.
- Perform this simple exercise daily to reduce cellulite from the butts, thighs and legs successfully.
Glute Squeeze to Get Rid of Cellulite
This is one of the most effective moves which will help you to get rid of cellulite from the butt area as quickly as possible.
- Lie down on the floor with your back. Bend your knees with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold your abs tight and push your heels to the floor. Lift your hip by squeezing your glute and form a bridge.
- Lower your hips down on the floor and stay for 2 seconds. Again lift your hips by squeezing your glute.
- Perform these moves daily if you want to reduce that ugly cellulite soon.
Boot Strappers to Reduce Cellulite Appearance
This exercise works on your butt as well as on your thighs to reduce the appearance of the cellulite.
- Stand straight and keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend forward to touch your toes.
- Now bend your knees and lower down until your butt is about to touch the floor. Lift your heels if needed.
- Keep your hands on your toes and up your butt to make the toe-touch position again.
- Bend the knees and lower down your butt to the floor again. This completes 1 rep.
- Perform 15 reps to get rid of cellulite faster.
Long Leg Scissor to Reduce Ugly Cellulite
This move is also very effective to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your problem areas.
- Lie straight on a mat with your face up.
- Keep your hand under the butt and keep your legs extended.
- Lift your feet 10 to 12 inches up the mat.
- Do not lift your shoulder and head. Your head and shoulder should be down.
- Apart your legs and move to the sides and then bring back to the center. This completes 1 rep.
- Perform 15 reps daily to get rid of ugly cellulite fast.
Heavy Lying Abduction to Burn Fat for Cellulite
It is another amazing fat burning exercise that will help you to get rid of cellulite for sure.
- Lie on a mat on your left side. Lift your torso with the support of your left forearm on the floor, which should be perpendicular to the body.
- Stack your legs. Hold a lighter weight in your right hand and rest it above the knee. Your right hand should rest loosely on the weight.
- Lift your right leg and hold for 3 seconds. Lower the leg to come to the starting position.
- Follow the same steps with the other leg. This completes one rep.
- Do at least 20 reps daily to get rid of that ugly cellulite from your butt and thigh area.
Weighted Bridge for Cellulite Removal
This exercise works well to remove cellulite by toning down your butt and thigh area. This helps to burn the unnecessary fat deposits.
- Lie straight on a mat with your face up.
- Bend your knees by keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold one heavier dumbbell horizontally on both the hands on your hips.
- Squeeze the knees inward and lift your hips. Be in this position for 3 seconds.
- Lower your hips to come to the starting position.
- Perform 2 sets for 20 reps to reduce cellulite gradually.
Single Leg Hamstring Bridge for Cellulite
It is one of the effective exercises to get rid of ugly cellulite. It is simple but brings the desired results against cellulite for sure.
- Lie on a mat with your face up. Bend the knees and keep them at hip distance. Feet should be flat stacked under the knees. Keep the hands straight by the sides. Now extend one leg and it should face the ceiling.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips up to form a bridge. Slowly lower down the hips and then repeat the same moves with the other leg. This completes 1 rep.
- Perform this exercise daily to get rid of cellulite fast.
Few Tips to Prevent Cellulite
We cannot guarantee to prevent cellulite completely but we can follow few simple things in our daily life to prevent it to a certain extent. Following these simple tips also help you to prevent it from becoming severe.
- Change your diet plan and go for balanced diets. Cut sugar, carbohydrates and white flour from your diet. Avoid eating processed and oily food. Eat more of fruits, vegetables and leafy greens.
- Include raw green salads, broccoli, spinach, carrots in your daily diet as they are loaded with antioxidants and nutrient which help to keep the skin healthy.
- Include healthy fats in your diet. Foods like avocados, olive oil, canola oil, walnuts, and fish contain a lot of omega 3 fatty acids which help to keep the skin healthy.
- Drink 1 to 2 liters of water to hydrate your body and make your skin healthy. It helps to avoid cellulite to a great extent. Start your day by drinking a glass of water. Also, drinking green and herbal tea works well to prevent cellulite.
- Stop smoking and taking alcoholic beverages if you want to keep cellulite at bay. The harmful toxins in these products harm the kidneys and liver, thus obstruct the body to extract waste materials. It, in turn, forms cellulite.
- Dry brush your skin gently and in a circular motion to keep it healthy. It is an ancient method to improve blood circulation and stimulation under the skin, so helps to prevent the formation of cellulite to a great extent.
- Massaging essential oils daily for several times on the thighs, buttocks and legs also increases blood circulation and helps to prevent cellulite.
- Go for a full body massage once in a week to avoid cellulite. Regular body massage prevents fat deposits in the body which ultimately checks the appearance of cellulite.
Many OTC drugs claim to remove cellulite completely but the fact is that cellulite cannot be removed completely. But doing the exercises that are mentioned above 3 times a week for 20 minutes can help to tone and tighten your body to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
What are you waiting for? Get ready to get rid of cellulite faster and safely with exercises for sure.